Saturday, March 2, 2013

Wanna eat out don't ya?

Its hard these days to go to a restaurant and find a healthy option, especially if you are following the primal diet.  Everything seems to come with a side of fries, or bread for starters.  And going out with friends can pose as a challenge as you try to not look too picky as you are altering the entire meal you ordered.  Not to mention the looks you get from the waitress when removing almost everything.

Finding a restaurant with a gluten free menu is a start. That will give you many more options. One of my personal favorites is Ruby Tuesday. I never have a problem ordering a perfectly satisfying primal meal.  My usual go to is the BBQ chicken with broccoli and spaghetti squash. Today I went to Red Robin.  I had full intentions of not eating and sipping on my water with lemon until I saw the Ensenada chicken platter! It comes with 1 chicken breast or 2 and a salad. I went for 1 chicken breast and balsamic dressing. Very filling and delicious all for under 400 calories and 28 grams of protein, and less than 20 carbs!

So it is possible to eat healthy while out and about. You just need to be conscience of your choices. So take the bread off, ask for extra veggies and you will be well on your way to making that meal primal!

Stay beautiful,
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment