Friday, March 8, 2013

Have my sweets and eat them too!

Most people think that I don't eat anything but protein powder,  chicken and broccoli. Or that I am on a consistent diet and I deprive myself of indulgences.Well that is absolutely not the case! I am addicted to sweets.  When most people want sweets they charge to the freezer for the ice cream or rummage for a candy bar.  Living a paleo lifestyle does not limit me to fruit, veggies and meat.  It has actually expanded my pallet and I now eat so many different things I never thought I liked. 

Here is an easy recipe for something so delicious that you will have to use self control to stop eating them! Best part it only takes about 5 min to prepare.

No- bake coconut chocolate balls
1/3 cup agave or honey
1/3 cup coconut oil melted
1/3 cup almond butter
1 1/2 tbs cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla  (I use brandy!)
2 cups sweetened shredded coconut

Mix everything together and roll into balls.  Refrigerate for about an hour and enjoy!

I have made these a few times,  and each and every time people cannot just eat one!  This is a simple,  paleo, gluten free recipe to enjoy. I moderation of course, If you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment